A huge and heartfelt thank you to all users and support staff of the Bioimaging Hub for your strict adherence to our covid security measures over the last 12 months. It has been an extremely difficult year for all of us and we have tried to manage the situation as effectively and as safely as possible, working within the security framework provided by Cardiff University and Welsh government.
In line with the latest guidance, we are pleased to now begin relaxing some of our covid security measures and to be in a position where we can reintroduce direct hands-on support and training for our microscope systems. To facilitate this provision, it remains vitally important that users follow the new guidance protocols, as detailed below.
Before entering the Bioimaging Hub:
- All users must familiarize themselves with current Welsh Government Coronavirus (Covid-19) Guidance and read the Bioimaging Hub’s updated Coronavirus risk assessment.
- Users must not visit the Bioimaging Hub if they are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19; if they have been in a high risk area; or had recent contact with a covid-positive individual without confirmation of a negative test result.
- All users are advised to make regular use of the Cardiff University covid screening service or to utilise rapid flow testing methodology that is now widely available through the NHS and pharmacies.
Room occupancy status and technical support/training:
- Room occupancy status has now increased to two independent users/two research bubbles per microscopy suite, up to a maximum of four people per microscopy suite in total.
- Direct hands-on training and support for our microscope systems will now resume under social distancing rules and with PPE including face coverings.
COVID working Regulations within the Bioimaging Research Hub:
- Users should continue to use the room booking calendars and should specify which microscope system they require in the title section of the booking request (i.e., specify user name and microscope system). Booking details here.
- Social distancing rules remain in place within all areas of the Bioimaging Hub.
- PPE remains mandatory including the use of face coverings in all communal areas.
- Microscope cleaning procedures before and after use remain mandatory.
- Histology sample drop-offs and collections should continue to be arranged via email (email@example.com).