Latest posts

Economies of Scale vs. Economies of Flow

Posted on 24 October 2018 by Sarah Lethbridge

Often when I’m teaching, I find myself skulking amongst the middle ground of contrasting ideas. Sometimes I’m even perilously perched atop of a massive fence dividing two opinions. Sometimes I’m in the middle ground of contrasting ideas, sat on the fence of indecision, whilst rocking back and forth muttering “it depends”. I think that one
Read more

Be Honest About the Gas Tanks – Openness and Customer Visibility

Posted on 18 September 2018 by Sarah Lethbridge

There’s something magical about businesses which understand that if you prioritise customer experience, the customers will come. Obviously this is a very simplistic way to look at the intricacies of running a successful business, but with all of my heart, I believe it to be true. Understanding what customers value is an essential part of
Read more

Human or Chatbot? Declare Yourself!

Posted on 23 March 2018 by Sarah Lethbridge

I’m watching the television right now and after the advert break the programme titles return and a large letter P looms in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Now I know that this stands for ‘promotion’ and that products featured within the programme have paid to be there. So now I’m on product placement
Read more

GDPR-ositivity

I heard the letters G, D, P and R together for the first time in April 2017 at a Breakfast Briefing that the Business School organised about the DVLA’s digital strategy. After sharing the progress that it has made towards reaching 100% of its services being offered digitally, the DVLA’s Service Manager then turned to
Read more