Latest posts

Be Honest About the Gas Tanks – Openness and Customer Visibility

Posted on 18 September 2018 by Sarah Lethbridge

There’s something magical about businesses which understand that if you prioritise customer experience, the customers will come. Obviously this is a very simplistic way to look at the intricacies of running a successful business, but with all of my heart, I believe it to be true. Understanding what customers value is an essential part of
Read more

Human or Chatbot? Declare Yourself!

Posted on 23 March 2018 by Sarah Lethbridge

I’m watching the television right now and after the advert break the programme titles return and a large letter P looms in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Now I know that this stands for ‘promotion’ and that products featured within the programme have paid to be there. So now I’m on product placement
Read more

GDPR-ositivity

I heard the letters G, D, P and R together for the first time in April 2017 at a Breakfast Briefing that the Business School organised about the DVLA’s digital strategy. After sharing the progress that it has made towards reaching 100% of its services being offered digitally, the DVLA’s Service Manager then turned to
Read more

Right to Left Technology Thinking

One of the first things I learned when I joined the Lean Enterprise Research Centre (LERC) in 2005 was the power of understanding that, as work is completed in organizations, it moves horizontally across functions and departments. A strange thing to say perhaps, but prior to that point I’d had job after job where (I
Read more