Celebrating teaching excellence

Q & A with Dr Mark Connolly (Senior Fellow)

21 April 2020
Mark Connolly, Senior Lecturer SOCSI

Name: Mark Connolly, Senior Fellow

Job title/Role: Senior Lecturer

School/College: SOCSI

When did you become a Senior Fellow? 2017

Why did you decide to apply for an Advance HE Fellowship? I wanted to be part of network interested in HE teaching and receive professional recognition of my work as a lecturer.

How has being a Fellow had an impact on what you do? It has allowed me to join a network of academics interested in teaching and learning in higher education.

How do you envisage being a Senior Fellow/National Teaching Fellow impacting on your future and any upcoming projects/work? Being part of this professional network has provided me with ideas and support from colleagues from a variety of disciplines, in this and other institutions. Having access to this network has allowed me to try new tools and techniques in my teaching.

What advice would you give to colleagues thinking of applying for Senior Fellowship or National Teaching Fellowship? It’s an opportunity to reflect on your values and practice as a lecturer and join a supportive professional network outside of your discipline or school.

Find out more about Senior and Principal Fellowship and how to apply 

Find out more about our National Teaching Fellows and how to apply  

You can also visit the Advance HE website or email us CESI@cardiff.ac.uk 

Keen an eye on the blog for more profiles on our current Senior and Principal Fellows and National Teaching Fellows.