Our team

Meet the team – Catrin Jones

26 November 2021

What does your role involve?

I work with the Dean of Welsh Language and Cardiff University’s branch of Coleg Cendlaethol Cymraeg to deliver the objectives of the Welsh language strategy, Yr Alwad, launched in March 2021. Our goal is to develop and enhance the Welsh language offering, and nurture an inclusive Welsh language (bilingual) culture in the university. The work is varied and really interesting, and includes contributing at, and reporting to committees, and collaborating with staff and students across all departments on projects, events and information campaigns.

What did you do before working in this role?

I worked on a project called First Campus in Cardiff University’s Widening Participation team

Describe a project you’ve enjoyed working on with the LT Academy

The Welsh Language skills and experiences’ questionnaire for staff, which we co-created with colleagues across the university.

What are you looking forward to working on?

Other than reading the feedback from the staff questionnaire, I’m really excited about two projects we’re working on for next year: our new 5 credit Welsh Language Citizenship module for first year students; and a very special St David’s Day celebration event for staff who are learning Welsh, which we’ll be announcing in December.

Can you tell us an interesting fact about yourself?

I make my own raw chocolate

Take part in the Academi Gymraeg – Cardiff University’s Welsh Language Academy – staff questionnaire, open until 10 December