Our team

Meet Bettie Heatley, our Administration Officer

31 October 2023
Person smiling

My name is Elizabeth Heatley but I go by Bettie.

I’m an Administration Officer in the Projects and Operations team of the Learning and Teaching Academy but I work solely on the Education Fellowships Programmes.

How long have you been in your role and what does it involve? 

I joined the Learning and Teaching Academy in May 2021 to set up and run the processes and systems for supporting the Education Fellowships Programmes.

Tell us a bit more about your career history… 

I’ve had quite a variety of jobs, including laboratory assistant, working in the recruitment advertising department of the Western Mail & Echo and I even ran my own vintage jewellery business for a while. My longest role though, was working as a Crime Scene Investigator for South Wales Police for 14 years.

What led you to this role? 

I originally joined the School of History Archaeology and Religion as an Administration Assistant, where I was lucky to be able to learn all aspects of supporting programmes in quite a short amount of time. This gave me the experience I needed to apply for my current role.

What’s your biggest achievement to date – professionally? 

Supporting over 300 Education Fellowships Programmes participants in gaining their Associate Fellowship, Fellowship or Senior Fellowship awards.

What’s the best thing you’ve read, watched or listened to this month? 

Succession! (One of the best things I’ve watched – ever)

Meet more members from the Learning and Teaching Academy

Meet Kat Harris, Administrative Officer in the Student Engagement team in the Learning and Teaching Academy tells us about her role and career history.