UEB, 16 April 201816 April 2018
- It was noted that Professor Boyne had been appointed as Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen from 1 August 2018 and congratulations were extended to Professor Boyne.
- It was noted that industrial action over pensions had been suspended. The town hall meetings for students and staff scheduled for this week would go ahead as planned.
- It was noted that the Vice-Chancellor and Professor de Leeuw had visited the University of Campinas (Unicamp) in Brazil and had held meetings with the Rector and Vice-Rector.
- UEB received and approved for submission to HEFCW the institutional three year strategy for the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) allocation from HEFCW.
- UEB received the University’s revised Research Integrity and Governance Code of Practice which had been reviewed and approved by the University Research Integrity and Ethics Committee in March. The University Research Integrity and Ethics Committee is responsible for maintaining the Research Integrity and Governance Code of Practice and for reviewing its effectiveness on a regular basis and to meet this responsibility the Code of Practice was subject to an annual review cycle. UEB agreed to endorse and recommend its approval to Governance Committee, Senate and Council.
- UEB received the annual report on its joint venture activities. The paper provided a brief update on each of the University’s joint ventures during the last year. UEB agreed to endorse the paper for note by Policy and Resources Committee and Council.
- UEB received and endorsed the use of the Cardiff University Careers in Research Online Survey. The survey will be used to inform an action plan for compliance to the Concordat in preparation for the University’s HR Excellence in Research resubmission in September 2018.
- UEB received a paper providing an update on data protection, and a summary of the activities undertaken to implement the forthcoming requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
UEB received the following regular reports
- Student applications monthly update
- HR dashboard quarterly report
- Research and Innovation monthly update
- Innovation System update
- Civic mission activities monthly update
- PVC College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences monthly report
- External environment update