UEB 14 December 201514 December 2015
- The Welsh Government draft budget for 2016/17 was discussed. It was noted that the University would be submitting a response highlighting the impact such cuts would have.
- It was noted that the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) had recently asked for Expression of Interest to be submitted to their Science and Innovation Audit. It was agreed that Cardiff would contribute to both an all-Wales and a GW4 Expression of Interest.
- UEB received a paper outlining a new Education Leave Scheme that would allow staff to apply for a secondment to the Centre for Education Innovation. UEB agreed to endorse the scheme for 2016/17.
- UEB received a business case from the PVC Head of College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science to approve the leasing of space to enable the expansion of the School of Law and Politics. Space has been identified to lease on Park Place for three years. UEB approved the business case.
- UEB received an update on the joint working with Cardiff & Vale University Health Board and approved the current and planned arrangements.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Six monthly safety, health and environment report.
- URI quarterly update.
- Estates project update.
- Director of Communications & Marketing Monthly Report and Forward Plan.
- Report on International and European activities.