UEB, 19 February 201819 February 2018
- It was noted that Professor de Leeuw had visited India last week to meet with partners and discuss industrial placement opportunities.
- It was noted with sadness, that a member of staff from the Business School had died this morning.
- It was noted that Sarah Hoefflin, a Cardiff alumnae, had won a gold medal in the Women’s Ski Slopestyle at the Winter Olympics.
- It was noted that Professor Thomas had attended a meeting with WEFO representatives and the University had been encouraged to move forward with submissions by the end of March 2018 deadline.
- It was noted that Welsh Government had published the Diamond regulations last week.
- UEB received, and approved subject to some minor changes, the draft Environmental Sustainability Enabling Strategy which detailed the vision and priorities to address over the next five years.
- UEB received a paper on gender pay gap reporting. There is a requirement for HEIs in England, with 250 or more employees, to report on their gender pay on 31 March each year, the same does not currently apply in Wales, however, it was agreed Cardiff University’s gender pay gap information on the UK Government website and University’s website.
- UEB received, and approved subject to some minor changes, a paper that outlined an interest-free loan scheme for annual travel season tickets, to be implemented from 1 April 2018 and to be launched during Sustainability Week.
- UEB received, and approved subject to some minor changes, the draft response to HEFCW which reported on the use of the 2017/18 research capital allocation and outlined an initial indication of our intended research capital projects for inclusion in HEFCW’s bid to Welsh Government for matched funding.
- UEB received a paper on how the University could take full advantage of the opportunities offered by the Industrial Strategy.
- It was noted that the English review of post-18 funding had been announced today, that although the review would not report for another year or so, the comment was made that the University would need to start giving some thought to how the recommendations may affect Wales.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Student applications monthly update
- Director of Communications and Marketing Monthly Report and Forward Plan
- PVC International and Europe monthly report
- PVC College of Physical Sciences and Engineering monthly report
- PVC College of Biomedical and Life Sciences monthly report