UEB, 15 January 201815 January 2018
- UEB received early drafts of The Way Forward sub-strategy action plans. It was agreed that the plans would be standardised and prioritised before coming back to UEB.
- UEB received The Way Forward sub-strategy indicators. Confirmation on one of the indicators is required ahead of the paper being presented to Council for note.
- It was noted that Professor de Leeuw and Ms Sanders had held meetings with several institutions in China whist visiting last week.
- It was noted that Professor David Whitaker, Deputy Head of School of the School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, had been appointed as Acting Head of the School of Healthcare Sciences from 1 March 2018.
- UEB received the draft paper on Rolling REF for Senate.
- UEB received the draft University response to the Migratory Advisory Committee on the impact of international students in the UK.
- UEB received and noted a paper on Eisteddfod activities 2018.
- UEB received and noted a paper on the recent UK government cabinet reshuffle.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Estates projects monthly report
- PVC College of Physical Sciences and Engineering monthly report
- PVC International and Europe monthly report
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor monthly report