UEB, 9 October 20179 October 2017
- It was noted that the Welsh Government had published the outline of their 2018/19 budget with an announcement of a £30 million ring-fenced fund, £10 million in each of the next three years, to support the higher education estate and UEB would receive a briefing when more detail was released on 24 October 2017.
- It was noted that a Phoenix Project event was taking place in the VJ Gallery today to highlight a 12 day visit from academics from the University of Namibia.
- It was noted that the Times Higher Education were releasing the world university rankings by subject in blocks with Social Sciences ranked 91st, Business & Economics 92nd and Education 78th.
- It was noted that the Rector and Vice-Rector of KU Leuven would be visiting the University in February 2018.
- It was noted that, in the latest world rankings, the University’s Formula Student team have been ranked the top team in the UK.
- UEB received the latest draft of The Way Forward KPIs explained document. The final version would be reviewed by the Vice-Chancellor ahead of being published on the intranet alongside the new strategy and sub-strategy documents.
- UEB received the Deans’ review and recommendations. It was agreed, with some modifications, that this paper now be presented to Senate on 25 October.
- UEB received a paper for Senate proposing changes to Ordinance 9 which included a section to recognise the role of College and University Deans, and their appointment.
- UEB received its Fee and Access Plan Annual Monitoring Statement.
UEB received the following regular reports
- HR dashboard quarterly report
- Estates projects monthly report
- PVC College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences monthly report
- PVC Student Experience and Academic Standards monthly report