UEB 27 June 201627 June 2016
- UEB discussed the issues relating to the recent Brexit vote. It was agreed that a Contingency Group be formed and should continue to meet over the summer period to ensure information and messages were shared in what will be a fast moving environment and communication on the consistent message to be conveyed was shared across all areas of the University.
- It was noted that the Annual Academia Europaea Conference was taking place over 27-30 June 2016 with the launch of the coordinating hub, which would provide scientific advice to the EU, happening today.
- It was noted that Professor Price would be attending the launch of Cardiff’s Council ‘Cardiff 2020’ on 29 June 2016, a strategy to raise learning and teaching standards in schools.
- It was noted that several UEB members were involved with events for a delegation from the China Scholarship Council who were participating in a 12 week training programme from 20 June to 9 September 2016.
- UEB received the draft responses to TEF technical consultation and the DLHE consultation.
- UEB received a paper on the opportunities afforded by Yammer and, if required, staff in Communications and Marketing would be able to provide training.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor monthly report
- Monthly Activity Report on Research and Innovation
- Report on Engagement activities
- Innovation System update