UEB 13 June 201613 June 2016
- It was noted that the latest issue of Challenge Cardiff had been published with a new publication Home of Innovation also now available.
- It was noted that Professor de Leeuw had attended the announcement of the Regius Professorships in Manchester on 6 June 2016.
- The award of a knighthood to Sir David Grant for his services to engineering, technology and skills in the UK was noted. The congratulations of UEB were extended to Sir David for this recognition together with his achievements during his tenure as Cardiff Vice-Chancellor including his part in bringing about the merger with the University of Wales College of Medicine.
- UEB received a paper on its current and possible future engagement with FutureLearn who support the development of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses).
- UEB received a paper on the appointment process and details of the job description for the Director of the Doctoral Academy.
- UEB received a paper on league table positions and it was noted that it would be helpful to understand which measures had the most impact for the University to concentrate its efforts and a paper on the direction the University should be taking would be received at UEB in September 2016.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Development and Alumni Relations update
- PVC College of Physical Sciences & Engineering monthly report