UEB 9 February 20159 February 2015
- UEB discussed the outline programme for the forthcoming GW4 Away Day.
- The draft Staff Survey 2015 was received by UEB. It was noted that this would be the third survey. An outline of the proposals for the post-survey process and reporting was also noted.
- The University’s TRAC return was noted. The return would be used by HEFCW to comply with the grant letter and data would also be reviewed by RCUK, the UK Treasury and other external bodies.
UEB received the following regular reports
- 2015/16 Entry Applications Monthly Update.
- Estates Projects Update.
- College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences Monthly Report. The report noted that during January and February 2015 the College had held all staff meetings in its Schools. Meetings were well attended by academic and professional services staff. Sessions were delivered by the College Pro Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Dean for International, Dean for Research and Dean for Education with the focus of the briefing sessions to update Schools on the progress made and the support provided by the College in the following areas: research support; strategic priorities for education and students; international developments; the College professional service teams; and College investments in academic roles.
- Chief Operating Officer Monthly Report. The report included updates from each of the corporate Professional Services Departments. It also noted the COO’s recent attendance at the Annual meeting of HEFCW which had provided the opportunity to discuss challenges in the Welsh HE sector and in particular the Diamond Review and the potential impact of PGT funding in England.
- Report on Engagement Activities. The report gave an update on each of the five flagship engagement projects and engagement activity with the Welsh Government since the last report.
- Report on International Activities. The report was the first for the new PVC for International and Europe, Professor Nora de Leeuw. It updated on progress on Leuven partnership, China developments, Middle East trip and Horizon 2020 applications and success rates.