Working away from Cardiff this summer? Access resources and services while on the move…25 June 2014
If you are travelling away from the University to attend a conference or undertake research during the summer, you can still access University resources and services while you are away.
You could consider:
- Using the Cardiff University Mobile app. The app provides access to key services such as: email, your library account, the Library Catalogue and electronic information resources, ‘Ask a Librarian live’ service and University contact list.
- Using the SCONUL Access scheme which lets staff and students borrow books from other university libraries. Full details of how to join SCONUL Access, including participating libraries, can be found on the SCONUL website.
- Using the Eduroam Service which allows users visiting participating institutions to access network resources, including wi-fi, using their login credentials from Cardiff University. More information about the Eduroam Service can be found on our Eduroam Service page.
- Teleconferencing to hold discussions with colleagues who are on campus.
- Using the Quickr TeamPlace and the Connections Communities to help you to conduct collaborative work with colleagues in Cardiff. Wikis, blogs and chat boards provide opportunities for discussion, shared task lists and calendars aid organisation, while bookmarks and file storage provide an opportunity to share information.
- Contacting your Subject Librarian who can help you set up newspaper and subject database alerts delivered via email to help you stay informed of new developments in your field(s) of interest.
More information on these and all the other services and resources you can access away from Cardiff can be found here.