New Blog13 November 2013
As my research on the Knights Templars’ estates in England and Wales develops, this is a good moment to expand my long-standing home blog on to the Cardiff University website. There is an RSS feed to that blog on the right hand side of this page.
This blog will feature information about progress on the project, and open-access documents will be uploaded from time to time as the project proceeds.
- Road Collision Investigation Branch November 8, 2021Originally posted on Official Gawain Blog: I fell over this by accident: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/creating-a-road-collision-investigation-branch-rcib You may be a better-informed reader and have already seen it. Effectively, the Government has noticed that road traffic collisions tend to go uninvestigated except in so…gawainsmum
- The Templar Estates in Lincolnshire: new book by Dr Mike Jefferson November 4, 2020It was a great honour to examine the brilliant doctoral thesis which has now been transformed into this book. If you are studying the Templars’ estates, their operations in Europe, their logistics, or studying the economic history of medieval Europe, … Continue reading →gawainsmum
- The Proceedings Against the Templars in the British Isles at knock-down price September 8, 2020If you want a copy of my Proceedings Against the Templars in the British Isles but can’t afford it, the volumes are currently available from Postscript books at £30 the pair: https://www.psbooks.co.uk/Proceedings-against-the-Templars-in-the-British-Islesgawainsmum
- Lockdown Extension Day 12 April 25, 2020Originally posted on Official Gawain Blog: The lupins are growing. (Well, one of them is growing. The other has been eaten by something. Seems slugs don’t get coronaviruses.) The garden has been seeing some work today after I went along…gawainsmum
- Lockdown Extension Day 2 April 15, 2020Originally posted on Official Gawain Blog: Still here, and the garden’s still growing. (It’s full of laundry today – a bonus of being stuck at home all day with little else to do is that I save money on the…gawainsmum
- Why the UK Coronavirus Lockdown should be lifted on Monday April 10, 2020Originally posted on Official Gawain Blog: Readers who have had the good fortune to have been living in a cave in Patagonia will not have heard of the coronavirus Covid-19, and it is highly recommended that for the sake of…gawainsmum
- The Trial of the Templars in Germany March 4, 2020As I’ve been asked about this, I thought it might be useful to readers of this blog to have a translation of the study by F. J. M. Raynouard, who (so far as I know) was the last scholar to … Continue reading →gawainsmum
- ‘New’ manuscript of the Templars’ trial in England August 19, 2019In vol. 1, p. xxix of my edition of the Proceedings against the Templars in the British Isles (2011) I wrote that the only manuscripts of the testimonies from the trial of the Templars in Britain and Ireland were Oxford, Bodleian … Continue reading →gawainsmum
- South Welsh Transport June 4, 2019Originally posted on Official Gawain Blog: Newport M4 Deviation Scrapped Yarooo! This is one of the best decisions a politician has made for a really quite considerable number of years. Can we make him Prime Minister? He might can the…gawainsmum
- Election Literature 2019 May 22, 2019Originally posted on Official Gawain Blog: To the delight of many, we are having Euro Elections on Thursday 23rd May this year. Voters will head to the polls to choose their preferred party to represent their region in the European…gawainsmum