Research Data and Information Management – Update3 November 2015
Nicola Dawson, Business Change Manager, updates us on the RDIM programme
The Research Data and Information Management (RDIM) programme will help the University meet its strategic research objectives by developing the University’s research environment. Providing a single platform for many aspects of the research data lifecycle will streamline research administration, make our research and outputs more visible, provide tools for research management and increase security of research data.
• Support University objectives such as the Way Forward and Research Forward
• Compliance with Research Councils UK requirements for Open Data and data sharing.
• Streamlining research administration by reducing chore and duplication of effort.
• Improved provision for storing and sharing research data
• Increasing opportunities for collaboration by making research data and researcher information easy to find.
• Support the delivery of the REF2020 return
We will be releasing additional functionality in the system during November, displaying information about all funded projects within the Research Portal, supporting the early capture of Impact and allowing us to hold details of our Research Pipeline in a central location.
We will be holding a series of awareness raising events throughout December and January. If you are a researcher or member of the research support staff, please come along to one of these events to find out how we can currently help you and what the programme will deliver in the future.
December Event Dates
2pm Wednesday 9th December 1.64 Glamorgan Building
10am Tuesday 15th December GF SLT School of Dentistry
2pm Thursday 17th December 1.40 Main Building
January Dates tbc
Contact the Research Data and Information Management project team for more information: RDIM@cardiff.ac.uk