Team Bangor

Llyn Idwal and Betws-y-Coed

22 September 2018

Hello!

I’ve been in Bangor for 3 weeks now and everything is going really well! The area around Bangor is so beautiful; there’s the coast, the mountains in Snowdonia, and lots of cute little towns and villages. We have already all done a lot of exploring!

Last Wednesday after a morning in the GP surgery I decided to take advantage of the sunny weather and go on a walk. I had a Google and found a short walk just a 10 minute drive away from Bethesda around a lake called Llyn Idwal. I parked at a place called Ogwen Cottage, which was lovely and right next to a fantastic waterfall!

I walked up to the lake, which only took about 10 minutes. It was surrounded by mountains and was so beautiful, and it was clearly a popular spot as there were lots of hikers and dog walkers. I walked around the lake which took about an hour. The views were amazing!

This weekend Ellen, Chloe and I decided to take a trip to Betws-y-Coed, a village in the heart of Snowdonia. It was so lovely, with a river running through the middle of it and lots of shops and cafes to look around.

We also visited 2 castles which were nearby. Gwydir Castle was more of a big house than a castle, but it did have some peacocks! Castell Dolwyddelan was much bigger and more impressive, however it was up a big hill which we didn’t fancy walking up in the rain so we didn’t manage to get too close to it.

We then headed back to Betws-y-Coed, and had a delicious pub lunch!

Overall we have had a fantastic time exploring the area around Bangor and we are hoping to do lots more trips in the year that we are here!

Ella x

1 comment