UEB, 5 February 20185 February 2018
- UEB received a presentation from Katrina Henderson and Richard Rolfe on the transition to the new IS14001 standard. It was noted that Cardiff was the only UK university to have achieve 14001 and 18001 certification and, in order to maintain the Environmental Management System certification, we must transition to 14001:2015.
- UEB received a paper on the proposed interim postgraduate taught masters support package for Welsh-domiciled and EU students in 2018/19.
- UEB received the 2016-2020 carbon management plan, it was agreed to implement the option presented whereby the University continued with its current commitments with funding of for the first phase of the Carbon Management Plan to be secured from the Welsh Government’s Green Growth Fund.
- UEB received and agreed a paper outlining a set of recommendations to support the future tracking of the anticipated benefits as outlined in capital investment business cases and to be included in post project reviews.
- It was noted that a delegation from the University of Bremen was visiting the University.
- The events taking place as part of Speak Week, with the focus on wellbeing, were noted.
- It was noted that the TEF subject metrics workbooks had been received, although Cardiff is not part of the subject level TEF pilot.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Research and innovation monthly update
- Innovation System update
- Civic mission activities monthly update