UEB, 11 September 201711 September 2017
- UEB received the final drafts of The Way Forward 2018-23 and the sub-strategies which will now be submitted to Council for approval.
- UEB received and approved the draft risk policy paper which outlined a draft risk management policy including a proposed categorisation for different types of risk and a proposed level of risk appetite.
- UEB received and noted the Student Written Submission. UEB also received the University response to the Student Written Submission. The format of the response differs from previous years and identified clusters of recommendations around key themes, outlining areas on which action had already been taken, was in progress or planned for the coming academic session as well as proposing a series of joint partnership projects for 2017/18. Both papers would now be submitted to Council.
- UEB received and noted a paper outlining the first of the funding bodies’ initial decisions on the Research Excellence Framework 2021 following the recent consultation.
- It was noted that Professor Thomas had attended the formal signing ceremony at which the Cardiff Capital Region City Deal, Welsh and UK Governments had ratified the development of a compound semiconductor cluster in South East Wales and the creation of a Compound Semiconductor Cluster Foundry in Newport.
- It was noted that that Professor Patrick Sutton, from the Gravitational Physics Group, had given the inaugural lecture in the College of Physical Sciences and Engineering lecture series to a very well attended audience.
- It was noted that that Dr Chris Jones, current Chair of Cwm Taf UHB, had been appointed as the Shadow Chair of Health Education and Improvement Wales.
UEB received the following regular reports
- PVC Student Experience and Academic Standards monthly report
- PVC College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences monthly report
- Estates monthly report