UEB, 12 December 201612 December 2016
- The congratulations of UEB were extended to Professor Treasure on her appointment as the new Vice-Chancellor of Aberystwyth University effective from April 2017.
- Professor Jones reported that he had recently visited India and had attended a number of very successful and well organised meetings with visits made to institutions with laboratories at differing stages of development.
- UEB received the outline plan for the submission Teaching Excellence Framework.
- UEB received the second National Student Survey action plan update from the three Colleges.
- UEB received a paper on a revised International Research Scholarship scheme. It was noted that the financial implications of the scheme needed further analysis.
- UEB received a paper on the Research Infrastructure Fund (RIF) and a slight revision in the scheme for the next call.
- UEB agreed to approve the draft response to the Welsh Government consultation on postgraduate doctoral loans by the 16 December 2016 deadline.
- UEB received an update on LearnPlus.
UEB received the following regular reports
- Director of Communications and Marketing Monthly Report and Forward Plan
- Director of Development and Alumni Relations quarterly report
- PVC International and Europe monthly report
- PVC College of Physical Sciences and Engineering monthly report
- Estates monthly report