The Perils of Commuting9 December 2014
Interesting article by Daniel Newman, a research assistant at the Sustainable Places Research Institute, on “More roads, more misery – how commuting is killing us”.
Daniel makes the point that commuting makes people unhappy, and yet people are doing it more than ever. We’ve put up some hints and tips for using IT and information services more sustainably, including using electronic means to reduce travel carbon and save you money, time and stress.
The University’s Campus Services department has also recently renewed its web pages on more sustainable travel.
Let us know if you have more ideas for reducing travel impact.
Search this blog
- Better Environmental Management Using ISO 14001:2015 April 27, 2018
- UK Government consultation on Industrial Strategy February 3, 2017
- Renewable energy progress ‘frustrating’ – Welsh Assembly Environment Secretary December 14, 2016
- What difference can I make – in the public sector – Green Impact framework February 22, 2016
- What difference can I make? December 3, 2015