Health and Wellbeing, Managing your money, New Students, Supporting your study

Come in! Why students should visit 50 Park Place

Our Student Intern, Kate, tells us more about what resides behind the colourful door of 50 Park Place…

50 PP

Most students will have walked past these doors on a daily basis, but how many actually know what the Student Support Centre has to offer them? We’d like all students to be aware of the centre and that they are welcome to drop-in or contact the team should they need them at any stage during their time at university.

Enquiry Point Advisers are your first point of contact


When you first arrive at 50 Park Place check-in at the Enquiry Point where one of the Advisors will offer initial assistance and signpost you to the most appropriate team to help you.


Here to help you with student life advice when things don’t go to plan


So you’ve moved out of home into university and you get your student loan through, then realise you have to be an adult and pay for food, accommodation, bills, social life, transport, gym membership, Netflix; as well as everything else that comes with living independently like house hunting, negotiating housework and much more besides. It’s a lot isn’t it? Well rest assured that the Advice and Money team are available to provide students with a variety of advice, services and support relating to:

  • Student funding, money management and emergency funds
  • Bursaries and scholarships
  • Housing, including dealing with Agents and housemates
  • Academic issues, extenuating circumstances, interruption of study and withdrawing from university.

Watch the Advice and Money team video

More videos including: getting your bond back, money saving tips, moving in tips, completing your declaration form, working part time, budgeting and more are available at studentlifecu on Youtube.

Contact Advice and Money:  Email:  Tel: +44 (0)29 2087 4844.


Here to help you through the trickier times of university when you need that extra helping hand or someone to talk to


The transition to university and student life can bring many challenges and it’s not uncommon for students to experience a range of emotions and conditions and to find themselves in situations that may be uncommon or overwhelming.

The Counselling, Health and Wellbeing team actively encourage students to live an active and healthy life whilst at university and are on hand to support you throughout your time here should you experience:

  • Anxiety, stress and depression
  • Homesickness and loneliness
  • Eating disorders
  • Relationship issues
  • Self harm
  • Compulsive and addictive behaviour
  • Bereavement

Don’t hesitate to contact Counselling, Health and Wellbeing if you or a friend are experiencing difficulties or are in crisis. You can access support via:

Watch the Counselling, Health and Wellbeing team video

More videos including Freshers’ support, relaxation techniques and social anxiety are available at studentlifecu on Youtube.

Contact Counselling, Health and Wellbeing:  Email:  Tel:+44 (0)29 2087 4966.


Here to support disabled students, including students with specific learning difficulties and mental health conditions


If you have a sensory or physical impairment, mental health condition, long-term health condition, dyslexia, other specific learning difficulty or are on the autism spectrum, I strongly advise you to get in touch with the Disability and Dyslexia team.  The team work with students and staff across the university to coordinate support and provide specialist services to help assist you throughout your university life, and which can make a huge difference to your university experience as highlighted in the video below.

Services and support include:

  • Confidential advice, guidance and information tailored to students individual needs
  • Assistance with identifying student’s support needs and the reasonable adjustments required
  • Advice on students eligibility and applications for the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)
  • Access to Needs Assessments for the DSA to determine students personal study support and technology requirements
  • Liaison with Academic Schools and other departments to advise and implement reasonable adjustments for you
  • Support Workers to assist students e.g. orientation, note takers, and library assistance
  • Study skills support to help students with their studies
  • Mentoring services for students who have mental health difficulties or are on the autism spectrum

It’s best to make contact with the team who can work with you to provide advice and assistance relevant to your individual needs – the sooner you make contact the better!


Watch the Disability and Dyslexia team’s latest video

More videos are available at studentlifecu on Youtube.

Contact Disability and Dyslexia:  Email: or  Tel: +44 (0)29 874844.


Where is 50 Park Place?

This video shows how easy it is to find the Student Support Centre at 50 Park Place when walking from Main Building.


50 park place map

50 Park Place can be found at number 31 on the map above. Next to Cathays train station and the Students’ Union.


Any questions?

If you have any questions about the services that 50 Park Place could offer you then drop in and chat to an advisor at the enquiry point of the ground floor. They will be happy to help out a student in need and point you in the right direction!


Related services

There is even more support available to you:


Your feedback and help please 

Have you found this blog useful? Please help us by commenting in the bar below and not any questions there too.

To help us aid more of your fellow students please re-tweet or share this post by using the share buttons or via twitter.

Keep up to date with all of our blogs, videos and posts by following us on twitter and facebook.


Best wishes,

Kate, Student Intern.


Your Student Life, Supported.

The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice and Money, Careers and Employability, Counselling, Health and Wellbeing, Disability and Dyslexia and International Student Support. The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.

For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.


No comments.

Leave a Reply