Supporting your study

Need help with study support?

Our Disability & Dyslexia support staff share 3 top tips on how to get study support …



1. Don’t delay, book today!

If your funding body has sent you a letter or email which states you need to book a Study Needs Assessment, make sure you get this booked as soon as possible; applying for the DSA can be a lengthy process.

Don’t forget, you can attend a Study Needs Assessment at any Assessment Centre; for example, if you are not in Cardiff for the holidays, you can find details of Assessment Centres near your home at


2. Submit any outstanding paperwork to the Assessment Centre as soon as possible once your Study Needs Assessment appointment has been confirmed.

You will need to send a copy of your medical evidence/Educational Psychologist’s report, a completed pre-assessment questionnaire (sent to you with your confirmation) and a copy of the eligibility letter from your funding body (the letter which states you need to attend a Study Needs Assessment).

The Needs Assessment cannot go ahead unless this paperwork is in place.


3. Special arrangements for examinations can be put in place before a Study Needs Assessment.

You should speak to your Disability Adviser about arrangements for examinations. See for more information.


If you are unsure of whether you are able to apply for the DSA, or are confused by any stage of the application process, then book an appointment with a Disability Adviser: Email us at: , call: (029) 20 874844 or drop into the Student Support Centres at either 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus or 2nd Floor, Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus, to book an appointment.


Please follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook pages to keep up to date with all our Disability and Dyslexia related events.


Best wishes

Disability & Dyslexia Team


Your Student Life, Supported.

The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support.

The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.

For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.


No comments.

Leave a Reply