Great news, we’ve teamed up with Cardiff University Sport to bring you an exciting Movember competition! Our Student Intern Will tells us more …
So, you’ll have seen and hopefully read my blog Movember, Men’s Health and support for Cardiff Students where I declared my allegiance to the mo and shared news of the very limited progress I’ve had in nurturing facial hair – it’s still growing and I’m proud to be supporting such a great cause. Since my blog, Student Support and Cardiff Uni Sport have come together to further promote Movember and offer a great initiative for Cardiff students.
We challenge you to MOVE and WIN
In support of the Movember MOVE initiative, Student Support in partnership with Cardiff Uni Sport are giving away some great prizes to get you moving:
- 3 x free fitness sessions, (either a Fitness induction, Gym Entry, Group Fitness Entry, Fitness Assessment, Personal Training or Fitness Programme Design)
- 1 x free gym membership for the rest of 2015/2016 academic year (expires on 31st July 2016)
Enter the competition now, it’s really easy
If you are using Facebook
- Like studentlifecu and cardiff uni sport
- Post a FB status with the text ‘MOVE for Movember’ and tag in studentlifecu and cardiff uni sport
If you are using Twitter
- Follow @studentlifecu and @cardiffunisport
- Tweet ‘MOVE for Movember’ and tag in @studentlifecu and @cardiffunisport
Will you be a winner?
The competition will run throughout November and prize winners will be announced on the following dates:
- The Fitness Session Giveaways will be announced on Monday 16th November, Monday 23rd November and Monday 30th November
- The 2015/2016 GYM MEMBERSHIP will be announced on Wednesday 2nd December
Look out for the winning students on facebook and twitter.
Help us to promote mental health and wellbeing at Cardiff Uni
We are looking forward to seeing you get involved and with your help we hope to increase awareness of men’s health within the student community and encourage students to use the services provided by the Student Support and Wellbeing division and Cardiff University Sport to enhance their wellbeing.
If you have any worries, however big or small the Student Support teams are here for you whatever the issue. Drop in at the Student Support Centres 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus to find out more about our teams Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support and find out more about how they can support you. Further details of services, events, opening times and more are available on the University Intranet.
Share your ‘mogress’
I’ll be sharing my ‘mogress’ and encourage Cardiff students to join me by posting studentlifecu and tweeting @studentlifecu a photo of your moustaches or you in action as you take your daily physical exercise and MOVE!
Will Brown – Marketing Intern
Your Student Life, Supported.
The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support.
For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.