Stay safe as you move around Cardiff and the university by following our tips and making use of the safety initiatives available to you.
Please be sure to:
- Be safe and sensible
- Look out for your friends
- Make sure someone knows where you are
- Keep your belongings out of sight, particularly mobile phones, wallets and laptop bags
Always plan your journey home:
- Stay in pairs while walking around at night
- Stick to well-lit populated areas
- Only use licensed taxis
- Make use of the Students’ Union Safe Taxi Scheme
- If you cycle, make sure to lock your bike properly. You can buy discounted d-locks from the Security Centre.
Make use of the Students’ Union’s safety initiatives:
- Set up the free police-approved Panicguard app on your phone
- Pick up a FREE personal attack alarm at the Security reception at Park Place and Cochrane Building reception.
Reporting anything suspicious:
- Contact to the police on 101 or University security control on +44 (0)29 2087 4444.
Your Student Life, Supported.
The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support.
For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.