Preparing for your future

Find out more about the Autumn Careers Fair and our main sponsor, Redrow Homes…

Joshua Golding, New Entrants Programme’s Co-ordinator for Redrow, the sponsor for this year’s Autumn Careers Fair, tells you all about their 2016/17 Graduate Scheme…

Those at Cardiff University’s Student Support’s Careers and Employability Service are proud to host the Autumn Careers Fair on 11 October 2016, from 11am-3pm. This will give students the chance to meet us at Redrow, as well as around 60 student and graduate recruiters from a variety of sectors. There’s no booking required – just turn up to find out more, and perhaps to kick-start your future career.

autumn careers fair plasma

The Making of You at Redrow!

Quality is the cornerstone of our business. So from the moment you join Redrow, you can be sure that you will be working with – and learning from – the very best.

We need bright graduates with real enthusiasm and the drive and determination to help us deliver more award-winning developments.

If that’s you, there could be an exceptional future for you with us.  As well as superior training, you’ll enjoy real opportunities to be mentored and developed by the best in the business.

About Us

Redrow are one of the most successful housebuilders in the UK.  Over our 40-year history, we have built a unique reputation for quality.  As a firm, we pride ourselves on creating beautiful homes and communities that people love to live in.  We apply the same level of care and attention to detail to developing our own people too.

redrow homes

More than Just Construction

It takes nearly 2000 people to do what we do.  While many are involved in the planning, design and construction of our homes, we need graduates with other talents too; connecting with our customers and selling our homes, as well as providing our business with vital support.

Bright Futures

Current graduate Catherine joined us from Cardiff University in 2015 after meeting with Redrow at the Autumn Careers Fair.

redrow grad

“I was attracted to this opportunity at Redrow due to the variation of placements and high level of training. This scheme is excellent for a generalised business graduate like me, as it has opened my eyes to a variety of departments and allowed me to put my degree into practice in a fantastic industry.

Since joining Redrow I have worked in all six rotational departments (Land, Technical, Construction, Sales, Commercial and Customer Services) and I am currently finishing my placement in customer service. A few months in, I’m micro-managing my own projects and reporting my ideas directly to the Regional Director! This is what I think is best about the graduate scheme by far! For someone who had no background at all in the /property/construction industry – I have learnt a heck of a lot in 6 months.

I would definitely recommend the programme to others. You will gain valuable training, learn from experienced colleagues, be involved in the creation of a quality product, and have numerous opportunities for progression and development.”

Redrow is a vibrant business with lots going on.  Right now, we have over 120 new developments across England and Wales – with plenty more in the pipeline!

Come chat with us on stand 51 at the Autumn Careers Fair, or apply now and this could be the Making of You!

Best wishes,

Josh, New Entrants Programme’s Co-ordinator for Redrow

josh

The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support.

The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.

For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.