More

Explore your options: Informa Graduate Fellowship Scheme

Now in its fourth year, graduates on this scheme get the chance to experience various parts of Informa over the course of a two-year development programme.

The Informa Graduate Fellowship Scheme is one of the many ways Informa looks to attract and recruit new talent. The scheme consists of four, four-month rotations working on projects across the business and a 6-month placement outside of Europe. Previous graduates have worked on a diverse range of projects across Informa, including marketing, publishing, production, communications, operations, legal, finance and technology. This broad exposure then allows graduates to select their preferred career path at Informa once they’ve completed the scheme.

Applications for 2019 entry are now open and close on 31st January. You can find out more about the scheme on the Informa website. Find out from the current graduates why they applied and what they’re currently up to.

Meet the newest graduate intake

What did you study?

Grace “I studied a BA (Hons) English Literature at the University of Manchester and went on to complete an MLitt in Women, Writing and Gender at the University of St Andrews.”

Hannah “I studied Geography with International Study at the University of Manchester, where I spent a year studying in Canada.”

Rahul I studied at the University of Nottingham where I gained a Masters in International Relations and Global Issues with an exchange year at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand.”

Anna “I studied Business Administration at the University of Bath, where I completed two 6-month work placements and an international academic exchange.”

Sam “I studied English Studies at the University of Nottingham and then went on to complete an MSc in Management at Imperial Business School”

Ben “I studied Bioarchaeology and Archaeological Science at the University of York and the University of Cambridge respectively”

Why did you apply to the scheme?  

Grace “I applied for the Graduate Fellowship Scheme because the structured, yet flexible nature of the programme allows each project to be tailored to my own aspirations and interests.”

Hannah I applied to the scheme because of the assortment of roles that you get to work in and the different industries involved means I’ll be able to make a more informed decision after the scheme about my career.”

Rahul “What really drew me to Informa was the uniqueness of the Graduate Fellowship Scheme and the opportunities that are available given the breadth and scope of Informa as an organisation.”

Anna “Having a taste for international experience from my degree made Informa an attractive graduate scheme due to the opportunities abroad and breadth of business divisions.”

Sam “I applied because of the organisations forward-looking approach. Informa has a business strategy that constantly looks to develop its global reach by acquiring innovative and dynamic companies, such as the acquisition of UBM in 2018.”

Ben “I applied because of the sector Informa operates in. The knowledge and intelligence industry allows me to continue the academic research process in a commercial capacity and Informa are a company that really values expertise.”

What are you currently working on?

Grace “My first placement is with Knowledge & Networking as a Conference Producer working on MedTech Summit 2019. I’m really enjoying the variety of work and different teams of people I interact with daily and globally.”

Hannah “My first placement is in Business Intelligence in Informa Law in the Maritime Intelligence vertical which includes working on a business case for a centenary celebration for one of our long-standing publications.”

Rahul “I am currently working in Group Treasury on the Group Insurance Renewal. I believe it is a great introductory placement to introduce me to Informa as an organisation given the fact I am exposed to data and individuals that truly paints a picture as to how global and widespread Informa operations are.”

Anna “My first placement is in Business Intelligence, working as an editorial assistant for Lloyd’s List. All my placement roles are extremely different in terms of industry and role, putting me in good stead to discover a role well suited to me”

Sam “My first placement has been with the Technology Services team who are responsible for the integration of all technology between acquired companies. This role has given me a valuable insight into mergers and acquisitions and is exemplary of many unique experiences that graduates can gain during the scheme.”

Ben “I’m currently working in HR where I’m gaining a real insight into how organisations engage with, develop and manage their workforce. My colleagues are always happy to share their expertise and I feel like I’m learning so much.”

What’s next?

If you think you’d enjoy working on a diverse range of projects, in an environment that’s engaging supportive and challenging, we’d love to hear from you. You can send a CV and cover letter to  fellowshipscheme@informa.com to apply for the 2019 intake.