We’ve teamed up with Braces Bakery to offer students the chance to take part in our Welcome to Wales Welsh Cake Challenge …
New and returning students are invited to join Student Support & Wellbeing staff at our stand at the Societies & Companies Fair 21st & 22nd September, in the Students’ Union for your chance to take part in the Student Support & Braces Welsh Cake Challenge.
What’s it all about?
This challenge is aimed at Cardiff University students and promotes Nef’s Five Ways to Wellbeing. A set of actions which promote people’s wellbeing Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give – simple things we can all do in our everyday lives that, if practiced regularly, can improve our personal wellbeing.
Come along and take this easy 5 step challenge!
Come to the Student Support & Wellbeing stand at the Societies & Companies Fair 21st & 22nd September, in the Students’ Union and …
- Connect – Meet new people at University by making friends at the Fresher’s events and connecting via our studentlifecu accounts on twitter and Facebook.
- Be Active – Get out and about, come to the Fair at the Students’ Union and visit the Braces Bakery vans outside the Student Support Centre at 50 Park Place.
- Take Notice – Enjoy trying something new, the taste of a Braces welsh cake, the experience of Fresher’s events, being part of Cardiff University and being in Wales.
- Keep Learning – Come to the Fair and learn what a Braces welsh cake is, what it tastes like, how Student Support – Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support, can help you throughout your degree and find out more about all the great clubs & societies you can join.
- Give – Share the experience and give a welsh cake to a stranger – it’s a nice thing to do and may help you make new friends.
And finally … please take a video or photo during your challenge and post it on Facebook or twitter, using the hashtag #SLCUChallenge and then tag-in two other students you have met during Fresher’s week and studentlifecu twitter and/or Facebook.
The winning student
A student will be selected at random from all the posts and tweets to win a box of welsh cakes to share with their new Uni friends.
We look forward to welcoming you to Wales and having some fun soon.
Student Support & Wellbeing and Braces Teams
Your Student Life, Supported.
The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice & Money, Careers & Employability, Counselling, Health & Wellbeing, Disability & Dyslexia and International Student Support.
The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.
For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.