The year 1 SSCs will provide a practical research component delivered by PhD students from within the School of Medicine. Recruitment of PhD students will be initiated shortly and training will be given to students on 12th November and 17th December 2013.
The training will include content on:
- How to present short projects with defined aims, objectives and clinical impact.
- How to facilitate discussion around appropriate practical methods to their project. An opportunity for PGR students to participate in a facilitator exercise will be included.
- How to select relevant research articles for background to their project.
- How to develop risk assessments for their practical work and communicate that risk effectively.
- How to deliver a small group practical session/ data analyses session.
- How to assess projects.
- How to support students.