Departmental NewsMothers of AfricaPhoenix Project

You want to give back to our Global Society?

18 August 2016

We are all so privileged.  Even in a global recession, we are all so privileged, many of us really feel this and want to give something back.  People come and talk to me all the time about sharing their knowledge, skills and expertise, of giving something back.  The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals make it clear that we are part of a global society.

And so, through my two separate activities, Mothers of Africa (independent UK Registered Charity) and The Phoenix Project (Cardiff University’s Flagship Project) we are offering opportunities.  Share your top level education to enable the education of others, who then create and control their own future: that’s sustainability.  I am offering:

1. for Anaesthetists/Intensivists: Out of Programme Experience and Out of Programme Training (OOPEs OOPTs: I’ve spoken to RCoA Bernard Johnson Advisor) for Namibia in 2017 to travel to teach as Clinical Educators;
  2. for doctors, nurses, midwives, ODPs, paramedics, first responders: short term clinical/teaching opportunities in Namibia and Zambia focussing on Acute Care/Anaesthesia/Intensive Care/Obstetrics/Operating Theatres/Trauma and Pain.

Get in touch. For a taster enrol on our International Development Course on 15th September, you can meet me there:

http://www.bmc.wales/developing-world  (course says its for Anaesthetists, but its very broad and useful for all)

An opportunity of a lifetime: an opportunity to give back.

Professor Judith Hall

Cardiff University Phoenix Project

Mothers of Africa