First of all, Sam Hibbitts and I want you to contribute to this Conference blog. We want to hear about what you think. We want you to share your experiences of this conference. Please listen, chat, talk, focus your thoughts and write.
This is a learning experience for all of us. It’s supposed to be a bit fun too. Despite everything written in the more formal brief, don’t worry too much – just write. You will find your voice.
The purpose of the blog coverage is to:
- Identify key messages of the conference for Year 2 students and staff.
- Identify highlights of the meeting for students and staff.
- Identify good practice on the part of students delivering high quality content.
- Provide feedback to organisers of positive experiences and areas for improvement.
Thus, the key audience for the Conference coverage is School of Medicine students and staff. HOWEVER, ALL CONTENT WILL BE PUBLIC. More details HERE.
Students are encouraged to try to make their content as engaging as possible. The following points are recommended:
- Use simple, clear content – no jargon
- Tell your story – use “I”
- Be positive and constructive
- Include pictures where possible
Some more key points are available here: http://sites.cardiff.ac.uk/thinkdigital/sections/tips-on-writing-good-blog-posts/
This is an interesting perspective about blogging: http://www.becomingminimalist.com/15-reasons-i-think-you-should-blog/