FuzzyLaw a resource for interpreters, legal professionals and others who encounter or study the law, created by my colleague Dr Frances Rock in the Centre for Language and Communication Research at Cardiff University.
Click here to learn more about it.
If you are interested in sharing what you think you understand about the meanings of legal terms, then maybe you’d like to take part in the research into this area. Have a look at the study page: http://flaw.cardiff.ac.uk/.
To take part, you will have to be able to confirm the following:
- English is my ‘first language’ or ‘mother tongue’; I speak English as a ‘native speaker’
- I have lived in England or Wales for at least 10 years
- I do not and never have worked directly in the criminal legal system (for example, as a police officer, solicitor or barrister)
- I do not and have never worked as an interpreter or translator
- I am not studying and have never studied language and communication nor law