Westlaw UK – recent enhancements18 March 2010
Case Analysis documents on Westlaw UK have been enhanced by the following additions:
- Summary – a concise summary of the facts of the case.
- Related Cases – a list of other cases heard between the same parties, but on different points of law or before supra-national courts.
- All Cases Cited and Key Cases Citing – a list of all the cases that have been cited by the case you are viewing and a list of all the key cases which cite your case and are considered to be significant.
- Commentary – links to specific sections of books on Westlaw UK to which Cardiff University subscribes (such as Archbold and the The White Book ), which cite the case.
- Tabular View – information displayed in tables some of which can be sorted to suit your requirements.
- Graphical History – for cases with a complex history, this display enables users to view the litigation histories as flow charts.
For an example of a Case Analysis document which has these enhancements, see: Crehan v Inntrepreneur Pub Co (CPC)  UKHL 38
Westlaw UK have also introduced new icons so that you can see the status of a case. These will appear next to the search results, within a law report’s table of contents and at the top of the case document. Further details on these case icons can be found in Cardiff University’s Westlaw UK guide
Aberconway annual report Architecture ASSL Bute e-resources eBooks eLibrary eresources feedback followme Heath library IT services journal law Legal Practice Library Lexis Library LexisNexis Library PIN librarysearch mobile app music Music library national_student_survey nss open access Opening Hours print printing referencing renewal research support Science Library scolar Scopus Senghennydd survey Trevithick twitter UV marking voyager Web of Knowledge webprint Westlaw UK You said we did!