Living with Other People

Posted on 18 September 2017 by Hope

Among the many changes you will have to make when you go to uni, living with other people and adapting to a new living situation will most likely be one of the biggest adjustments you’ll have to cope with. Whether you’re moving into halls with strangers, moving into a house with friends, or moving into
Read more

Going to university part 3 (final)

Posted on 10 September 2017 by Nancyanne

Advice for Students about to start university. Many undergraduates feel nervous during their first couple of weeks at university. Sometimes it feels like you are being thrown in the deep end straight after fresher’s week. No advice, no nothing and that can be quite overwhelming. I wish sixth forms and colleges could prepare us more
Read more

Stressful Move to Cardiff

Posted on 8 September 2017 by Hope

To be honest with you all, this is very much going to be a bit of rant. I had the worst experience ever moving into my final year flat a couple of weeks ago. I won’t name the letting agency, but they were awful. The flat itself is great and it’s all fine now, but
Read more

Running a Society

Posted on 25 August 2017 by Wendy

So for the coming year, I’ve been nominated as Vice President of one of the many societies at Cardiff and I honestly have so much respect for those who run societies because there’s actually so much work that goes into it. So since I’ve been setting up my society for the most of this summer,
Read more

Why Travelling is Important

Posted on 23 August 2017 by Wendy

I’ve been fortune enough to travel every summer during the school/university holidays and this year I was able to go back to two countries: Malaysia and Japan. Even though I’ve now travelled to both these countries twice, I definitely want to go back and explore more places in these beautiful countries. I believe travelling
Read more

What I’ve Learned from First Year

Posted on 19 August 2017 by Wendy

This is a very very late post and apologies for that but I’ve been busy travelling and working! Finally I have time to sit down and look back on my 1st year at uni, so these are the top things I’ve learnt 🙂 1. You’ll never be charged for the mess in the kitchen even
Read more

Things to Remember for September!

Posted on 18 August 2017 by Hope

First of all I just wanted to say well done to all of you who got what you wanted on results day! As I am now a couple of weeks away from moving back to Cardiff myself, I thought I would run through a quick list of things that you shouldn’t forget (because I totally
Read more

What to do on Results Day?

Posted on 17 August 2017 by Lydia Staniland

On my A-level results day in 2015 I woke up at 6am to find out I hadn’t achieved the grades I needed to go to either my firm or insurance choice university. My sixth form didn’t really ever explained what would happen if this was the case. Obviously, my initial reaction was to panic. My
Read more