We are finally in the spookiest month of the year and that can only mean one question for all of us to be asking ourselves: What are we going to do for Halloween this year? Fortunately, Cardiff has so many different events this year across a variety of dates for us to celebrate the scariest night of the year. I have combed through some of the different Halloween events for you to choose from!
1. Student Union: Of course, we have our classic Student Union night out. The only problem we face is what day are we celebrating Halloween? Do we celebrate the weekend before? The Wednesday of? Who knows, but here is the list of all our Student Union nights out this month so you can be prepared: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/whatson/bars-club/
2. Student Union Halloween Play Zone: This is a new event for me, but you can bet I am impressed! The Student Union are putting together an after-dark play zone, it’s all about finding your inner child with vodka slushies and an adult sized play park! Here is the page to find out more: https://www.cardiffstudents.com/events/11505/8661/
3. Zombie Paintballing: Looking for something a bit different from a cheeky night out? This a zombie survival experience, the perfect event to do during the spookiest month. Dates vary, but here is the link to find out more: https://www.designmynight.com/cardiff/whats-on/something-a-little-different-events/zombie-paintballing
4. Halloween Week at Cardiff Castle: Are you a fan of scary movies? I know I am, so this week at Cardiff Castle is going to be perfect. A range of different scary screenings for people to enjoy including the classic, ‘Nightmare on Elm Street’ and the thriller ‘A Quiet Place’. https://www.designmynight.com/cardiff/whats-on/film-screenings/halloween-week-at-cardiff-castle
5. Nights out: Of course, there is no better place to be for the best night out. Cardiff is holding so many different club nights across a variety of dates for Halloween. I have included a link of the majority of them here: https://www.designmynight.com/cardiff/whats-on/halloween-events-in-cardiff
6. Travelling: If you didn’t mean travelling further out than Cardiff for Halloween, there are many events across Wales for you to attend! I have included an article from last year which includes some of the scariest things you can do on Halloween! https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/10-scariest-things-wales-during-13716236
7. The New Movie, ‘Halloween’ – if you cannot wait for Halloween to get started, there is a currently a new movie out called Halloween. Screening now, make sure you get down to Cardiff City Centre and get your spook on.
Halloween is not for the faint-hearted. I cannot wait to get dressed up and ward off the ghosts. You can guarantee there will be some pumpkin carving involved in there somewhere too. Lidl has already stocked some pumpkins, so make sure you get all your housemates involved. Let me know what you decide to do for Halloween this year and what you will be dressing up as!
Happy Halloween Everyone.