Community Learning Ambassador: Tom Kelross
Community Gardens: All
Short Description of Project:
- A public Facebook page, to promote the efforts of all gardens in Cardiff under one shared voice.
- A private slack community. Slack is like a series of WhatsApp chats accessible across any device, designed in mind for small communities. This will allow members of all gardens involved to communicate with each other more effectively.
- A prototype, working closely with one garden, of a web-application that would allow volunteers to receive virtual badges and rewards for their participation and in return allow garden administrators to more accurately track participation.
- Create a shared set of social media pages for Cardiff community gardens. Through which a shared voice will allow each garden to share its successes further across social media. Also create a private slack community to allow members of the gardens to communicate without
- Teach, educate and empower representatives of these gardens to manage this social media presence themselves
- Create an initial prototype for the online badge/hours logging system.
Benefit to the Community Gardens:
This helps solve the common needs of many community gardens needs to
- Improve communication between the gardens & communication with the rest of the community
- To have more accessible data / information about how volunteers are engaging with the garden.
Benefit to the Community Learning Ambassador
- To develop my social media management skills.
- To develop my ability to teach others how to use social media effectively, especially
- To improve my web-development skills