Community Learning Ambassadors: Lily Stringer & Ooná Lessware
Community Garden: Mackintosh Community Garden
Short Description of Project:
- To monitor and increase biodiversity in the pond
- To monitor and increase biodiversity of insects across the garden
- To Plant biodiversity enhancing species
- Encourage learning about different species within the garden (Particularly with children). This will be done using a variety of methods which aim to identify different species within the garden and look at their lifecycles.
- Improve insect facilitated infrastructure to optimise habitats and maximise numbers.
- To improve the local environment in an inner city area and encourage the local community to be inspired into making personal positive environmentally friendly choices.
Benefit to the Community Garden:
- Increasing wildlife
- Educating the community
- Encouraging community involvement and awareness
Benefit to the Community Learning Ambassadors:
- Provides us with insight into how community gardens work
- Allows us to develop networks at the same time as helping the community
- Enhances groupwork and public engagement skills