Tips and advice

It’s almost time… #CUGrad2014

29 June 2014

Hi everyone,Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 20.56.42

Like you, I’m about to graduate from Cardiff University, with a First Class Honours from the School of Journalism. I’ve worked professionally in marketing and public relations over the past few years. From running my own clothing brand, to working for the university’s careers service, and for Cardiff PR and marketing firm Weltch Media, I have certainly made the most of my time in Cardiff.
From September 2014 I will be working in marketing on BT’s graduate scheme, and I’ve been placed in a team within BT Business (Commercial). Despite knowing what I’m going to be doing after graduation, I still get the jittery feeling that I’m sure most of you are getting. It’s impossible to know what the right thing to do after graduation is, and even though you may not have secured your dream job, there are a number of appealing options out there.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be offering you blog posts about life after graduation, from spotlights on what other students are planning, to a list of must-do’s before you graduate. I’ll also share my thoughts on graduate schemes, gap years, as well as share my interviews with Honorary Fellows. Stay tuned, and follow me on Twitter at@CUGradReporter for updates on all things graduation.

Enjoy,

Allie