Alumni Volunteering at Cardiff University15 July 2014
Alumni choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some, it’s a way of giving back to the University that helped shape their career, for others it’s a way of championing their subject and the University as a whole. Mostly, our alumni volunteer in order to continue their lifelong relationship with Cardiff University, improving the experience of students at Cardiff, and promoting the work carried out at the University.
Alumni can help across a wide range of projects, putting in as much or as little time as they wish. We are happy to work with you according to your specific skills and circumstances enabling you to donate
your time flexibility and with maximum impact through:
- Mentoring programmes
- Careers talks and mock interviews
- Providing an Alumni Profile
- Providing a venue for a University event
- Becoming a University Ambassador
- Helping set up a local chapter and international Cardiff representatives
- Helping our student recruitment teams
- Employing Cardiff graduates in your business
The University’s new Global Opportunity Centre is looking for alumni volunteers to help buddy with current students embarking on study, work and volunteering placements abroad. If you’d like to share your local knowledge, top tourist tips, restaurant recommendations or any other hidden gems with students coming to your town, we would love to hear from you.To find out more, click here.