Scully Live!

Yesterday morning the Wales Governance Centre held our, now customary, pre-election briefing public seminar at the Pierhead Building in Cardiff Bay. I gave a presentation, and was then joined by Catrin Haf Jones of ITV-Cymru Wales for a Q and A session.

We had an engaged audience of over 100 in attendance. However, for the benefit of those of you who couldn’t be there, but are still interested, a video of my presentation is available:

The Q&A session is available in a separate video:

A couple of points of explanation. First, regarding the presentation: for some reason, in two line-charts where I examine trends in recent Welsh opinion polls, the months (at the bottom, along the X-axis) appear in Welsh in the slides in the video. I’ve checked my own slides, and they are definitely in English, so I have no idea at all how this happened! Anyway, a PDF file of the correct slides is available here.

Second – the Q&A session was, as is the custom for Wales Governance Centre events, bilingual. For attendees at the seminar who do not (yet!) speak Welsh, simultaneous translation was available. However, this doesn’t appear on the video of the Q&A – which does, I’m afraid, feature me doing some quite grotesque things to the beauty of the Welsh language. If we are later able to put up a version of the Q&A video that includes sub-titles, I’ll do so.