International Conference on Bilingualism in Education13 February 2016
First International Conference on Bilingualism in Education
10-12 June, 2016
The School of Education at Bangor University, North Wales, in conjunction with the Centre for Research in Bilingualism, is hosting its first International Conference on Bilingualism in Education 10-12 June, 2016, including a prestigious evening lecture to celebrate the work of Professor Colin Baker.
The conference is an opportunity for researchers and practitioners from a diverse range of disciplines to come together to discuss current issues relating to bilingualism within the education sector.
Please visit the First International Conference on Bilingualism in Education website for more information.
Key Note Speakers
Call for Papers
We welcome applications for paper presentations on a wide range of topics that are of relevance to bilingualism in the education context. These include the following:
- Bilingual language development and/or competence
- Issues relating to minority language competence
- Issues relating to competence in English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Assessing bilinguals (academic and/or language)
- Issues relating to biliteracy
- Pedagogical issues in bilingual education
- Pedagogical issues in minority language education
- Pedagogical issues relating to EAL
- Bilingual language policy in education
- Sociolinguistic issues relating to minority language education (e.g., language use, attitudes)
- Psychological issues and identity in relation to bilingualism in education
- Issues relating to bilingualism and Additional Educational Needs
- Bilingualism and Sign language
The deadline for submissions is Monday 15th February 2016.