Celebrate your achievements with family and friends at the Student Awards Ceremony 201721 November 2016
Our annual Awards Ceremony will be held Friday 17th March 2017. Every year our students amaze with the commitment and enthusiasm they give to their studies and this is the perfect opportunity to celebrate their successes and share a great evening together.
The evening begins with a cheese and wine reception allowing students to mingle with tutors, fellow students, family and friends. A photographer is also on hand to capture the evening including when students receive their certificates. The ceremony will last approximately one hour.
Am I eligible for an Award?
To find out more and see whether you qualify for any of our Awards, go the website where you’ll find all the relevant information.
We also award six different prizes in acknowledgement of outstanding achievements.
- D E Evans Prizes – awarded annually in memory of the late D E Evans, the first person to be appointed Tutor-in-Charge of Extra-Mural Studies in the College.
- Elsie Pritchard Prize – awarded annually to the best student submitting work for either Welsh or Local History courses. In memory of Elsie Pritchard.
- Patricia Clark Memorial Prize – awarded annually to a Humanities student who has either made outstanding progress throughout the year, or written an exceptional essay, or other assignment, on a topic connected to their course theme.
- Leonard and Marian Jones Music Prize – awarded annually to a student who has either made outstanding progress throughout the year, or completed an exceptional assignment, on any musical topic.
- Leonard and Marian Jones Music in the Community Award
- Departmental Prize – awarded annually for exceptional effort and application; exceptional progress; exceptional initiative in researching, preparing or presenting work, or in any other contribution to a class.
We had positive feedback last year and hope 2017 will be an equal success.
“Excellent evening, excellent organisation! Great to have families invited!”
“Meeting my friends again and receiving my certificate was fantastic!”
“A really pleasant atmosphere – warm, generous and respectful. It all went like clock-work and I loved the violin performance!”
If you’d like clarification on eligibility for any of the qualifications, please contact your Tutor or relevant Coordinating Lecturer:
- Jan Stephens – Business and Management, Politics and International Relations, Healthcare and Social Studies
Tel: 029 2087 6248 Email: StephensJ4@cardiff.ac.uk
- Dr Mike Evans – Computer Studies
Tel: 029 2087 4212 Email: Evans@cardiff.ac.uk
- Dr Nick Jones – Humanities
Tel: 029 2087 0000 Email: JonesN3@cardiff.ac.uk
- Helga Eckart – Modern Languages
Tel: 029 2087 5336 Email: Eckart@cardiff.ac.uk
- Dr Zbig Sobiesierski – Science and Environment
Tel: 029 2087 5264 Email: SobiesierskiZ@cardiff.ac.uk
- Dr David Frayne – Pathways to a Degree
Tel: 029 2087 0000 Email: FrayneDM@cardiff.ac.uk