Cardiff Award

Meet Nathalia Rodrigies Pulice Ferreira, shortlisted for Cardiff Award Student of the Year 2018

Nathalia is 1 of 8 students shortlisted for Cardiff Award Student of the Year 2018.

International Relations and Politics student, Nathalia, was involved with a range of activities and showed a real commitment to self-reflection during her time on the programme. Activities she undertook for her extra-curricular hours included work experience at Westminster Business Council, being a Careers Fair Ambassador also being involved with the Skills Development Service.

What have you enjoyed most about the Cardiff Award?

I believe that the Cardiff Award has helped me to tap into my potential and has provided me with the tools to further extract the well-rounded and employable me. I have gained the confidence needed to articulate my skills, especially in job interviews. The Award has also enhanced the skills I had already developed and has brought out the ones I did not have thus moulding me into an employable person.

Do you have any tips for student’s currently participating in the Award?

The reflective account is an optional tool to help you reflect on each of your extra-curricular activities. This exercise will help you with your final reflective log as well as giving you a range of examples to use in application forms and at interviews in the future.  I highly recommend that you complete the reflective account as you go along. Do not leave it until the end- it will certainly accumulate.

Also, pick activities that will enhance the skills you already have and bring out the ones you need tailoring in.

Finally, I strongly advise you to complete all tasks; even the optional ones. They will certainly help you in your final reflective account and in job interviews.

What would you say to students thinking about signing up to the Cardiff Award?

Most certainly DO apply!! It not only looks great on your CV but it will give you tools to deal with future job interviews and recruitment processes. After completing the award you will leave more confident and able to articulate your experiences, skills and ideas to your future recruiter.

The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice and MoneyCareers and EmployabilityCounselling, Health and Wellbeing, Disability and Dyslexia and International Student Support. The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.

For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.