Cardiff Award

Meet Jasmine Reese, shortlisted for Cardiff Award Student of the Year 2018

Jasmine is 1 of 8 students shortlisted for Cardiff Award Student of the Year.

Neuroscience student, Jasmine, submitted a portfolio that demonstrated great progression during her time on the programme. Activities she was involved in included, being a Wellbeing Champion and being on the committee of the Neuroscience society. She also completed a Neuroscience summer placement.

What have you enjoyed most about the Cardiff Award?

Learning how to better my chances of employability and most importantly pushing myself to use the skills I had learnt in real-life scenarios. This has given me new-found confidence and the skill-set to succeed in my future career.

Do you have any tips for student’s currently participating in the Award?

My advice would be to always reflect straight after completing an activity, focusing on how you could improve in the future; it is always good to identify weaknesses as well as your strengths!

What would you say to students thinking about signing up to the Cardiff Award?

I would recommend signing up. You should always be looking to enhance your employability and the Cardiff Award provides you with the perfect platform to enhance skills you already have, whilst also gaining new, fundamental skills that will boost your career prospects.

The Student Support Centre has a range of services dedicated to helping students make the most of their time at University, including: Advice and MoneyCareers and EmployabilityCounselling, Health and Wellbeing, Disability and Dyslexia and International Student Support. The Student Support Centres are located at 50 Park Place, Cathays Campus and Cardigan House, Heath Park Campus.

For further details of services, events, opening times and more find us on the University Intranet.