- White board is in Screen sharing.
- Annotate with text, drawings, etc
- Save screen- button on right of Annotate
- Clear annotations – host can clear own, others, all…
- Can share files: e.g. a Powerpoint presentation for plenary
- Annotation also possible on documents
- Can sharing co-working document (OneDrive, perhaps)
- Share a link through chat, perhaps
- You can share screen as others edit.
- Sharing Sound too if you want to show video.
- Be aware that only the application used (Browser/Powerpoint) is shared
- Thus if you move applications, your viewers cannot see your screen.
- Advanced screen sharing – you can allow all participants to share screen. Useful if you are putting people in breakout rooms.
- Creating rooms – vary the number of rooms to vary the number of participants – up to 50 rooms are possible
- Host and co-hosts can moving from room to room
- Host can broadcast to all – at bottom of Breakout Rooms list.
- Host can go to Breakout rooms to answer calls for help.
- When you close room, there is a warning to members. Default delay is 60 seconds.
- Can re-open rooms with same groups or re-form for new groups.
- Text Chat within Breakout rooms is only in those rooms – not shared with everyone in the meeting!
- Can be useful to protect other people in a room (minors especially)
- Can be useful to prevent sharing of the room you are in.
- Can be difficult depending on software etc.
- Done through Preferences in Zoom App.
Some extra things:
- Chat can be saved as text.
- You can temporatry unmute with Spacebar
- Host can record – will save video to local hard drive.
- Do you have a picture of yourself if you’re not showing video? This is done through the online Preferences. It is useful and probably nice for other participants.
- Participants window can be used for polling and gives host and co-host a count of yes, no and other…
- Polls must be allowed in advance. Can only be edited by the person who creates the meeting. Set up and edited on web browser.
Q: what happens to white boards if you close Breakout rooms.
Zoom Online tutorials available here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
Cardiff University Bite size online videos here: https://vimeo.com/user/100894100/folder/2184447
If you want to learn more about using Zoom, free online Liberating Structures workshops are available. The Cardiff/London meetings are every month. More information here.