There are a handful of mobile apps that we recommend for ease of access to some of our key resources.
- BMJ Best Practice
- Clinical Key for Students
- Complete Anatomy
Each of the apps has its own features and benefits, some have offline access and some require registration. Read below for more information on each of the resources.
BMJ Best Practice
BMJ Best Practice provides access to the latest evidence-based information for healthcare professionals, structured around the patient consultation with advice on symptom evaluation, test ordering, treatment approach and follow up. It also offers clinical calculators, patient information leaflets and some procedural videos.
The mobile app is available to all Cardiff University staff and authentication requires a personal account, which can be created via this link
BMJ Best Practice can be used to:
- Get a second opinion about prevention, diagnosis, treatment or prognosis
- Identify UK or international guidelines
- Identify evidence-based synopses
- Develop professionally – notes and links can be saved to a personal portfolio
- Identify images to be used for educational purposes
- There are also links to national and international guidelines and patient information leaflets.
Create an account using the link above. Available via your App Store
The BNF/BNFC app is aimed at prescribers, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals who need evidence based, up-to-date information about the use of medicines. It combines the content from the British National Formulary and British National Formulary for Children, ensuring easy access to BNF information wherever you are.
No authentication required. Works offline. Available via your App Store.
Browzine is great for current awareness and browsing journal content. Browzine is perfect for you if you want to regularly read new issues of specific journals.
- Discover – search for a known title or browse by subject area.
- My Bookshelf – build your own personal library and organise your journals how you want.
- Alerts let you know when new articles have been published to help you stay up to date with your research.
- Save articles in your library for later reading. Download, share citations over Twitter and manage references in EndNote or another reference manager.
- Mobile compatible – the BrowZine App syncs across devices so you can access your collection wherever you go.
Start using the desktop version or download the free app from an App Store. After downloading the app, find Cardiff University in the list and enter your credentials when prompted.
Clinical Key for Students
When using Clinical Key for the first time, register with Elsevier to get a login using the link below:
Once this is done, you can add your favourite resources to your account and then access them via the app. Clinical Key has a wide range of ebooks available including Gray’s Anatomy.
Register online, add resources to your online bookshelf then access them via the app
Complete Anatomy is an interactive 3D anatomy app with over 13,000 structures and 12 body systems along with tools such as Cut, Bone Spurs, Pen, Labels, Textbox and other learning materials.
Download the app via an App Store and login on campus to enable institutional access or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to a remote access code.
Open the app and select get started, complete the in-app registration by creating a 3d4Medical Account.
In order to access the UpToDate Anywhere app, please follow the instructions below.
- Access UpToDate Anywhere via the link here
- Log on with your Cardiff username and password.
- Click on the “Login/Register” tab in the top right hand corner.
- Create a unique user name and password on the UpToDate Anywhere registration page: You will use this username and password to access UpToDate from your mobile devices.
- You are now registered and will receive a confirmation email about installing the UpToDate Mobile App
- Following these instructions you can now download UpToDate apps on up to two devices
- In addition to the app, now you have registered you will be able to access UpToDate from any computer with internet access using your unique username and password at: www.uptodate.com and click the log in button located on the top right corner of the webpage.
PLEASE NOTE: to continue to use the UpToDate mobile app, 90 day re-verification is required. In-application and email messaging will inform you of the need to verify affiliation with Cardiff University. You can complete verification by logging on to UpToDate once every 90 days with your Cardiff University username and password.
If you fail to re-verify in time, you can re-register as above.