Access to all resources on Web of Knowledge until August 201320 June 2013
Thomson Reuters is currently offering the University free access to all the resources on the Web of Knowledge Service until August 31, 2013.
In addition to our normal subscriptions we now have access to the:
- Book Citation Index
- Indexes nearly 50,000 books and 1 million chapters from over 100 publishers linked to related journal articles and proceedings indexed within the Web of Knowledge.
- Data Citation Index
- Comprehensive research data from international data repositories
- Current Chemical Reactions and Index Chemicus
- Cover overs 100 of the world’s leading chemistry journals to provide complete reaction diagrams, critical conditions, bibliographic data, and author abstracts.
- Current Contents Connect
- Bibliographic and table of contents information from world-leading scholarly journals and books from 1998
- Chinese Science Citation Database
- Bibliographic and citations information from 1200 core science and engineering journals published in the People’s Republic of China
- Derwent Innovations Index
- Patent (1963+) and patent citation (1973+) information in chemical, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering
- Zoological Record
- The world’s leading taxonomic reference and oldest continuing database of animal biology (from 1864)
You can access these additional resources by going to the Cardiff Portal and choosing ‘Library’ in the menu. The ‘Databases (A-Z and MetaLib)’ list includes a link to the Web of Knowledge Service. Once you have accessed the Web of Knowledge Service, click on the ‘Select a Database’ tab near the top of the screen to see a list of the additional resources. Book Citation Index, Current Chemical Reactions and Index Chemicus are automatically searched with the other citation indexes in your Web of Science search.
For further information, or if you would like to provide any feedback on these resources, please contact your Subject Librarian.