NEWS: Welsh Crucible 2017 – Apply now!3 January 2017
The call for applications is now open for the Welsh Crucible 2017. I took part last year and would throughly recommend this to anyone looking to further their career. Here are the details:
In 2017, 30 exceptional researchers from across Wales will be selected to take part in the award winning Welsh Crucible. It aims to help participants to discover:
– how other early- to mid-career researchers in other disciplines are tackling the same issues as them;
– how they can transfer their knowledge to the public sphere to make an impact;
– the skills and attitudes that are likely to make their research more innovative;
– how thinking creatively can make a difference to their work and career.
Welsh Crucible 2017 will take place at three intensive two-day workshops, comprising inspiring guest speakers, seminars, skills sessions and informal discussions. All programme costs will be covered for the successful applicants, who will attend each of the following residential events:
- 25th and 26th May, hosted by Cardiff University and the University of South Wales in Cardiff;
- 15th and 16th June, hosted by Aberystwyth and Bangor Universities in Aberystwyth;
- 13th and 14th July, hosted by Swansea University in Swansea
Applications are invited from early to mid-career researchers in any discipline, with a minimum of 3 years postdoctoral research experience (or equivalent). Applicants should be based in Wales and working either in a Welsh University or in research and development in business/industry, or the public/third sector.
CLOSING DATE: March 3rd 2017.