Welcome to the Turnitin / Grademark support blog.
Please note: This summer, Turnitin are combining their Grademark and originality-checking features and rebranding them as “ Feedback Studio”. Feedback Studio will retain all of the tools that were previously available within Grademark/Turnitin but has been enhanced to provide give a simpler and more responsive experience when checking originality and marking online. If you are already familiar with Grademark there will be very little feature change. The tools will still be accessed in the same way and there will be no changes to setting up assignments or to the assignments inbox. Please take a look at the live DEMO.
We are currently working on updating this resource.
This is a resource produced specifically for teaching and professional services staff to answer questions around the technicalities of using Turnitin and Grademark. This is not a resource for understanding assessment regulations at Cardiff University.
Turnitin is a suite of tools to facilitate online assessments. It incorporates three features:
1. Originality Report – an assistive tool used to detect plagiarism
2. Grademark – an online marking and feedback facility
3. Peermark – allows students to review and evaluate the work of their classmates
There are many different types of assignment Turnitin can be useful for, and the resources and FAQs on this site will help you understand when might use it, how to use the tools correctly, and the most effective practices in using them.
Using the tabs at the top, you’ll find:
- videos on how to set up and mark assignments and create and attach rubrics
- an extensive set of frequently asked questions and answers
- information on training and support
Click here to view our Introductory FAQs.
Please note: this site is dedicated to Originality Checker (plagiarism) and GradeMark only.