Welcome to our new Fortnightly Roundup, by Katrina Taylor, Marketing Manager, Student Support & Wellbeing Division.
Your Student Life, Supported, is our tag line and I hope this new fortnightly round-up will help you learn more about the support, information and events we offer Cardiff Uni students.
Here I’ve given an overview of what our teams are up to between Monday 2nd and Friday 13th February – you should find these useful whatever your year or degree discipline. I haven’t listed absolutely everything, so please drop-in at The Student Support Centre, 50 Park Place (Student High Street) and Cardigan House (Heath Park campus), or find us online, to access our full range of support and information.
Follow us on social media for daily updates on events and any other news and information we think will be of interest to you
twitter: studentlifecu and cardiffcareers
facebook: studentlifecu and cardiffunicareers
The Advice & Money team will be at …
- 2nd Year EARTH students talk on Tues 3rd Feb, helping students prepare for their Placement Year.
- ‘Graduation and Beyond’ talk for Year 3 CPlan students, Thurs 5th Feb 13.15 – 14.00. Presentation on repaying student loans, graduate bank accounts, tax and National Insurance.
- Nursing Welcome Day on Weds 11 Feb, offering information about applying for their NHS funding, sorting out or thinking about learning support e.g. dyslexia, disability and more.
And will be supporting National Student Money Week, 9th – Fri 13th Feb …
- tweeting money top tips during Student Money Week. Activities with ARC will take place in week beginning 2nd March. Details of activities across the country can be followed with the hashtag: #NSMW15
- National Association Student Money Advisers have web chats daily, 13.00-14.00 via The Student Room. We will be supporting the web chat on Tues 10th Feb.
Careers & Employability are developing the Cardiff Award and have an impressive range of student & graduate employers on campus …
- Are you engaged in entrepreneurial activities or want to think more creatively? The New Cardiff Enterprise Award is for you. Find out more by emailing: cardiffaward.ac.uk
- Students involved in work, volunteering or study abroad can now be recognised and rewarded by the New Cardiff Global Award. Find out more by emailing: cardiffaward.ac.uk
- Cardiff Award Students – don’t forget to sign up for a quick enquiry with a Career Consultant/Adviser to get your CV checked
- Events daily, more information and booking system online:
- HSBC on Campus – Play games and win prizes! 02-Feb-2015 11:30, Aberconway Building
- The Royal Mail – Drop in session, Mon 2 Feb, 12:00, Aberconway Building
- First Year’s Internship Bootcamp – 4 days from Mon 2 Feb to Thurs 4 Feb
- Employability Skills ‘Beat off the Competition’, Mon 2 Feb, 14:10, Aberconway Building – Room P21
- Application Masterclass session run by HSBC, Mon 2 Feb, 15:10, Aberconway Building – Room P21
- What to expect on vacation schemes, how to get through the interview process, Mon 2 Feb, 16:00, Law School – Room 0.22
- Succeed at Interview and Ace the Psychometric Tests session run by PwC, Mon 2 Feb, 16:10, Aberconway Building – Room P21
- The Royal Mail Presentation, Mon 2 Feb, 18:30, Main Building – Council Chamber
- Goal Setting – The stats don’t lie, get ahead! Session run by ONS, Tues 3 Feb, 10:10, Aberconway Building – Room P21
- Meet the RNLI, Tues 3 Feb, 11:00, Aberconway Building
- How to Succeed in a Group Task session run by L’Oreal, Tues 3 Feb, 11:10, Aberconway Building – Room P21
- Psychometric Test Session, 03-Feb-2015 12:00, Aberconway Building – Room F23
- L’Oreal Presentation for all students, Tues 3 Feb, 13:00, Postgraduate Teaching Centre – Room 2.02
- First Year Internship Bootcamp – CV Review Drop-in, Tues 3 Feb, 14:00, Aberconway Building – Room Q09
- First Year’s Internship Bootcamp – Business Management Integrated Placements, Tues 3 Feb, 15:10, Postgraduate Teaching Centre – Room 2.02
- An Introduction to a Career in Banking run by Santander, Weds 4 Feb, 13:10, Postgraduate Teaching Centre – Room 2.02
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), Weds 4 Feb, 14:10, John Percival Building – Room 0.31
- Presentation Skills to WOW Employers session run by ACCA, Weds 4 Feb, 14:10, Postgraduate Teaching Centre – Room 2.02
- Application Masterclass session run by IBM, Weds 4 Feb, 15:00, Postgraduate Teaching Centre – Room 2.02
- CV Review Drop-in, Weds 4 Feb, 15:00, Aberconway Building – Room Q09
- Target Postgrad Study & Funding Fair, Thurs 5 Feb, 11.00 – 15.00, Students’ Union
- Lidl Photo booth Event, Thurs 5 Feb, 10:00, Julian Hodge Building – Foyer
- Experience Works Drop-in, Thurs 5 Feb, 10:00, Aberconway Building
- Interview Skills, Thurs 5 Feb, 13:10, Law School – Room 0.22
- ‘Commercial Awareness’ session run by KPMG, Thurs 5 Feb, 14:10, Aberconway Building – Room L.02
- ‘Application Bootcamp’ session run by EY, Thurs 5 Feb, 15:10, Aberconway Building – Room L.02
- ‘Success at Application Process’ session run by EY, Thurs 5 Feb, 16:00, Aberconway Building – Room L.02
- Confessions of an Entrepreneur – Enterprise Speaker Session, Thurs 5 Feb, 18:00, Students’ Union
- Hogan Lovells Campus Tour, Mon 9 Feb, 11:00, Law School – Foyer
- STEM Networking Event, Mon 9 Feb, 18:00, Venue to be confirmed
- Spring Engineering, Science & Technology Fair, Tues 10 Feb, 10:00, West Building – ENGIN Forum
- Assessment Centre Group Discussion, Tues 10 Feb, 14:10
- Enterprise Business Simulation Game, Weds 11 Feb, 14:30, Students’ Union
- PwC One – to – One Mock Interview Sessions, Thurs 12 Feb, 10:00, Aberconway Building – Room P01
- CV Workshop, Thurs 12 Feb, 12:10, Tower Building – Lecture Theatre 3
- Glyn Lloyd, Senior Solicitor at Blake Morgan: ‘UK Immigration law and how it applies to international law students’, Thurs 12 Feb, 13:10, Law School – Room 0.22
- Blake Morgan: UK immigration law and how it applies to international students, Thurs 12 Feb, 13:10, Law School – Room 0.22
- The Interview, Thurs 12 Feb, 14:10, Tower Building – Lecture Theatre 2
- Pitch and Present – Enterprise Workshop, Thurs 12 Feb,18:00, Students’ Union
- International Students: Work Experience Ideas, Fri 13 Feb, 12:10, Tower Building – Lecture Theatre 2
Counselling, Health & Wellbeing are available 24/7 …
- Learn to relax and maintain a calm attitude towards the challenges of everyday living at our Relaxation Workshop on Tues 3 Feb, 17:00 – 18:00, Students’ Union.
- Chat to a member of our team at our daily drop-ins, Monday – Friday, 3-3.45pm, 50 Park Place (First Floor) and Wednesday morning, 9.30-10.15am, 50 Park Place (First Floor)
- Need support outside of our regular opening hours? Access our online support programme available 24/7!
Disability and Dyslexia Service have various appointments available and are recruiting …
- For appointments with the Disability, Dyslexia and Mental Health Advisers- email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call 02920 874844
· Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) Screenings- email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 874844
· 30 min Drop in Appointments with a Disability Adviser – Mon-Thurs 13.00-16.00, last appointment is 15.30
· 30 min Study Skills Drop in Appointments with our Study Skills Adviser – Tuesday afternoons 15.00-16.30pm, last appointment 16.00 and Thursday mornings 9.30-11.00, last appointment 10.30
· Study Needs Assessments for students receiving Disabled Student Allowance (DSA)
· For information about our Support Worker Service- email email@example.com
· To book your DSA approved 1-1 Specialist Study Support- email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 875363
- Support Worker Recruitment Drive – A Support Worker provides notetaking in lectures, library and buddy support to disabled students studying at Cardiff University. You can earn £8 per hour and your working hours are allocated around your lectures and social commitments. Wed 11 Feb, 12.00 – 1.00, Main Building upstairs in the Council Chamber. If you cannot attend application forms can be requested by emailing email@example.com
I hope there’s something of interest here for you and that we see you soon.
Marketing Manager, Student Support & Wellbeing Division
Your Student Life, Supported.
Advice & Money I Careers & Employability I Counseling, Health & Wellbeing I Disability & Dyslexia